Sci-Fi Song #17 is an electronic instrumental that was inspired by Bruce Sterling 's Schismatrix . If you want to know more about the book, here are some interesting reviews and thought provoking discussions:
Here are some of the tools that I used to compose this piece of music:
- Apple Logic Pro 8 recording software:
- Logic's included ES1, ES2, EFM1, and Sculpture software synthesizers
- For this piece I sampled the sounds of a kickball, brushes against a drum pad, a plastic Coke bottle, wood scrapers, and a slap-harmonic on my acoustic guitar to create the library of sounds that I used for my percussion kit, which I then processed and sequenced using Logic's Ultrabeat.
- Logic's included delay and reverb plug-ins.
- Korg NanoKey MIDI controller
Hope you enjoy it,