Here are 5 ways to rock Twitter like a Cylon:
1. Be Robotic: Use an app like Buffer to schedule tweets throughout the day. I schedule about 10 tweets per day that link to lots of cool web content. The tweets go out on the hour. It's a great way to provide value to your followers without flooding their Twitter stream. The other benefit of scheduling tweets is that it enables you to interact with people who are on Twitter when you aren't.
2. Show Your Human Side: The Cylons evolved to be more human. As the Cylons embraced their humanity, some of them proved to be not so evil after all. While I don't recommend sharing every sordid detail of your personal life, occasional personal tweets can help your followers to feel more connected to you.
3. Have a Plan: The Cylons had a plan. What's your plan? What do you want to get out of Twitter? Who are the types of people that you'd like to have as followers. Be consistent with the types of things that you tweet. Your followers will learn what to expect from you and your engagement with them will increase.
4. Flaunt Your Looks: The human model Cylons were all fabulously good looking. You don't have to be a super model, but your profile picture should be a photo of you. Why? Twitter is a social media platform. People like to interact with other people, not icons or avatars.
5. Know Your Audience: Cylons hid among humans to learn how they operated. Learn about the people who follow you. What do they like? What kinds of content do they like to consume? Don't bore your followers. Be a valuable addition to their stream.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please enjoy this song about my favorite Cylon. You can download it for free here.