Do you have the means to record some audio? (mic, computer, iPhone, iPod Touch, etc.)
Let's make a Sci-Fi Audio Collage together!
Here's the idea:
- Record a cool sound. It could be anything
- tap a glass
- shake some coins
- slam a book
- A blender
- dogs barking
- record your voice saying something Science Fiction-y, even if you are just plugging your book, blog, podcast, etc. Bonus points for mentioning some meme from the past week or two.
- Find something that makes some Sci-Fi type sound: beeping watches, phones, etc.
- For my more musically inclined friends, if you want to record yourself singing, playing an instrument, or creating a beat; let's put everything at 96 B.P.M and in the key of D major.
- Mix it down to a .wav, aiff, mp3, or AAC file and e-mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name and a description of the sound in your e-mail.
- I'll then take your audio and turn it into ... something, hopefully a musical something, even if it is just a beat that I construct in my recording software (Logic Pro).
- I'll post the final recording to the blog as an MP3.
The idea here isn't to create some timeless work of art. We're going to have fun and make something cool that will serve to put a smile on our faces for this week and probably never again. Maybe we can even run it as an ending bumper to The Functional Nerds Podcast.
I look forward to hearing what you send me,
Follow me on Twitter or Facebook