Help me write the next Sci-Fi Song!

I've been overwhelmed by all of the positive comments and e-mails that I have received regarding "Grasping for the Wind (The Linkup Meme Song). Thank you so much.

As I mentioned in the original post, there was no way to include all of the blogs listed in the meme. I hinted at the possibility of a reprise or a part 2. This is where you come in.

I need your help to write new verses that will include some of the blogs that weren't listed in the original version of the song. Here is what you can do:
  • Listen to the original version and check the verse lyrics.
  • Try to fit some of the blogs that were absent from the original version of the song into the rhyme scheme of the verses.
  • Send the results to the e-mail address listed in my Blogger Profile.
I'll then replace the original verse lyrics with some of the new ones that I receive and post the "reprise" mp3 here on the blog.

I will list whoever contributes to the finished product as a co-writer of the lyrics of the reprise. Sound good?

On a related note, The Crotchety Old Fan created an interactive version of the lyrics, here.

Also, talk of making a video has surfaced. I think this is a great idea. Does anybody know how to make screenshots and use them to make a video?

I'm looking forward to hearing what you come up with.

John Anealio

5 comments:

  1. How to make a vid out of screenshots? Editing 101. See my link for some examples. ("Re. Nixon Peabody" sounds close to what you're looking for.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude.

    The Real SCI-FI SONGS are at myspace.com/sereno

    Check 'em out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play guitar, both acoustic and electric, for about two years now, and ill try something out that sounds cool for the reprise, but i might not get it, cause im so new to it. What are good tunings for the guitar that would fit for the song? or if its on acoustic, tell me :)

    thanks, and check out my blog some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey B-man,
    In this song, my guitar is in standard tuning. The verse part is just bass and piano. There is only a bit of guitar in the chorus.

    I just subscribed to your blog in google reader.

    Thanks again for stopping by

    ReplyDelete